wtorek, 18 sierpnia 2009

I don't want to join a bookclub

It's time for easy reading, kind of chick lit. I've found the description of this book somewhere in the internet and I found it interesting, so when I saw this book in my local library - I just took it. I was reading it slowly, as a "easy book before sleeping". And it's pretty good for that.

It's a diary of a sixty years old lady, who finally may live without obligations, tasks to do, in a way, how she would like to live. But in the same moment her life is not really getting more "empty" - new decissions, a grandchild on a horizon, friend daying because of cancer, committee of inhabitants, maybe also a love story? Who knows...

Well, the idea is very interesting, I do agree. It's an interesting try of looking on our life from the point of view of older person. How does it look like? How it'll look for me in the future? ;) I need to check how old is the author of the book, I'm curious now.

The realisation - average. Typical easy read. A few smiles, a few "o gosh!" and that's it. But for relaxing before sleeping - great. I'm thinking about offering reading it to my mother - she is almost in the same age. I wonder, if she would find anything in common with the main character of this book?

My rating: 3,5/6

1 komentarz:

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ pisze...

Me, neither -
donta wanna no bloody bookklubz.
I just wanna RITE.
-GBY