sobota, 15 sierpnia 2009

The Blue Nowhere

So, it's time for the first "fresh" review ;)

It's fourth book by Deaver which i had a chance to read. And I just confirmed my opinion - he knows how to write compelling books. Each of them was surprising me with sudden changes of action, new ideas, solutions for situations. It's also clearly visible that he's having a lot of employees, as his books are very well prepared if it comes to the info given, for me they look credible (I know I'm not an expert at all ;P).

So, the story starts - how original - with the murder. The investigation is leading into anonymus hacker, who thinks that life is a computer game and people are just characters in it. That's why police decide to ask for help from another hacker, who is right now doing sentence - Gillette. Was is a right decission? Who the hell is Phate? And who is Shawn? How to fight with them?

I read this book almost with bated breath. There is a lot of interesting info there, I could learn new things. Especially, there is a lot of info related with social engineering and its' possible use. How you could manipulate people around you? What you can do to reach your aim? There is also a lot of information related with computers, internet, hacking, methods of police work and so on. That's also the thing which I like in his books - they look like well prepare with the content, having a lot of interesting details. And besides, I always learn something new while reading his books, even if they are just "popular massread" or however you'll call it.

Besides, I just confirmed my opinion even more about the influence of computers and internet on our daily life. How much we're reliable on them in basicly each moment of our life! And how huge danger it can be for us...

I gave to this book 5 out of 6. Because it's interesting, well written, compelling, with well builded plot. And I'm happy I have another 4 books of him already waiting on my shelve ;)

Short quote (my translation):
"(...) let's ask: to whom we turn when we move in the Blue Nowhere?"


My rating: 5/6

Brak komentarzy: